How do I create a new course or project site?
If you have the appropriate permissions to create new course or project sites, you may do so from either Worksite Setup or Sites in your Home area.
Select the Worksite Setup tool from the Tool Menu in Home.
Click on the Sites link to view your sites drawer.
Choose either course site or project site depending on which type of site you want to create.
Note: If your system has one or more template sites enabled, you may also see the Create site from template option.
If you select to add a course site, there are some additional steps.
- Select the Subject.
- Select the Course.
- Select the Section.
- The authorizor's (i.e., site creator's) username should be entered here.
- You have the option of adding any information that may facilitate the authorization of your site request.
- Click Continue to add the course site.
If desired, you can change the default language for your site to any of the available languages listed. Languages in this list will vary depending upon the language pack(s) installed on your instance.
Click on the desired language to select it.
The information entered into the description area will appear on the site's home page.
You may also enter a short description (with a maximum of 80 characters). This short description will display in the publicly viewable list of sites.
If your instance has a selection of themes or "skins" installed, you may select a theme from the drop-down menu. The theme controls the banners, colors, and images displayed throughout your site.
Enter the name and email address for the site contact. (This is typically the site creator, owner, or instructor.)
Place a check mark next to any tools that you would like to use in this course site.
You may choose to re-use material from other sites that you own. Choose either No or Yes for this option. (If you select Yes, indicate the site(s) from which to copy content in the list provided.)
- Site Status: Select to Publish the site, or Leave as Draft (i.e., unpublished). Unpublished sites are only visible to site owners, not other participants such as students.
- Additional Access: In addition to enrolled users, you may also elect to allow all users of a particular origin or role to have access to your site.
- General: Select the type of users allowed to access the site. You may choose either Anyone (which includes unauthenticated users) or Logged in users.
- Site Visibility: Displays the current status of site's visibility in the site browser.
- Global Access: Choose to Limit to official course members or to those I add manually (recommended) or Allow any user to join the site.
- Click Continue.